Hey A4N Family!
It’s the 1st day of Spring in North America! The snow is melting, the birds are singing and the weather is finally getting warmer.
Well…a little warmer.
So, in honor of spring, here’s a quick and simple salad made with grilled chicken. It’s so simple to make. I had it for lunch the other day and it was amazing! Salads are my “go-to” meal. They’re so versatile, easy to make at home and full of nourishing goodies. Start with salad greens, add chicken or fish and whatever fruit and veges you have in the fridge and voilà – a great tasting (and healthy) meal.
Sometimes I forget to have lunch (yeah, I know. Not good) so a salad is something I can enjoy with little preparation. It’s also filling but not to the point where I feel stuffed.
Here’s how I made the beautiful salad above and what I used. Feel free to substitute anything here for what you like and what works best for you.
Let’s get started…
- One grilled chicken breast seasoned with olive oil, Mrs. Dash for chicken and garlic powder
A4N Tip: Choose chicken that is all natural, contain no antibiotics and no added hormones. I use Just Bare Chicken. You should be able to find this in your grocer’s fresh poultry section or at least something similar.
- Spring Mix greens (or your favorite salad greens). I also mixed in extra baby spinach
- English cucumber (the long, thin ones wrapped in plastic. They’re a little sweeter and have fewer seeds) OR a regular cucumber will do
- Bell pepper
- Cherry or grape tomatoes (I used NatureSweet Cherubs)
- Dried cranberries (or fresh strawberries, grapes, blueberries, etc)
- Dressing. I used Pomegranate Vinaigrette. (choose the dressing that works best for you and your journey. Check the labels to make sure there’s nothing in the dressing that could cause you concern like high sodium content and saturated fat)
Now let’s assemble this little beauty…
- Place the desired amount of Spring Mix greens in a large plate
- Slice the desired amount of cucumber, bell pepper and tomatoes in bite-sized pieces and place over salad greens
- Sprinkle dried cranberries over the top
- Add strips of chicken
- Lightly drizzle with dressing and enjoy!
Pretty simple huh? Just add a tall glass of something refreshing to drink and you’re good to go! Give it a try.
Remember, there are more great salad recipes here→ A4N Recipes.
Until next time,
Always aim 4 natural
The post, Simple Spring Salad w/Grilled Chicken first appeared on aim4natural.com
Is this salad something you would try? What else would you add?